Empathy is for everyone. mpathic believes empathy is the key to innovation. We help people and organizations develop skills for greater understanding, compassion, and insight via AI-powered analytics, correction, and training of empathy.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Backend API Engineer to join our start-up team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing high-quality software solutions using modern full-stack languages, with a focus on NodeJS and Python.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement software solutions
- Create and provide input to the design and development of Restful APIs
- Develop and maintain server-side applications
- Build and maintain client-side applications
- Ensure the scalability, security, and performance of the software
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
- At least 10 years of experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer
- Strong proficiency in NodeJS and Python or other modern full-stack languages
- Experience with AWS, including AWS ECS and Fargate, as well as Lambda
- Knowledge of databases and datastores such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and DynamoDB
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins
- Experience in partnering with front-end developers and designers on collaborating on development of backend services in support of them.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience
If you are a passionate Full-Stack Software Engineer with a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, we would love to hear from you. This position offers a competitive salary, equity options, and benefits package. Join us in our mission to revolutionize the industry with innovative software solutions.
We are a remote-first company. Whether you work from Baltimore, Salt Lake City, or Seattle, you’re 100% part of the team. We will provide you with a computer, equipment, and access to software subscriptions. At mpathic, we have full team and department specific in-person retreats to build trust and sometimes hackathons to accomplish a specific goal in a short period. You can bet we'll be flying to hang out at some point during the year. If you want access to a co-working space - no problem; if you want to work at home - also no problem.
Empathy includes understanding the whole person. When deciding what benefits should look like at mpathic, we started by thinking about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of our empathy company and, in the big picture, an empathic society. We have a dedicated Ombudsperson, DEIB Director, and Head of People and Culture dedicated to making your time at empathic safe, values-aligned, and designed to foster growth (We are an empathy company after all!). Read more about our Mission, Vision, and Values here.
You'll have 100% funded employee healthcare benefits, company-wide weeks off, unlimited PTO, training and education funding, parental leave, and more. See our full benefits policy Benefits at mpathic; and our Equal Pay Commitment.
Salary is dependent on experience, commensurate with other engineers at mpathic. Following our Equal Pay Commitment, we have salary banding and established vesting schedules for equity.
* At this time, we require that all applicants are eligible to accept employment in the United States