Empathy is for everyone. mpathic believes empathy is the key to innovation. We help people and organizations develop skills for greater understanding, compassion, and insight via AI-powered analytics, correction, and training of empathy.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing start-up looking for an experienced Front-End Developer and Designer to join our team full-time or part-time. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing user interfaces for our web applications. They will also be involved in creating wireframes, providing input into design, and working with back-end developers to integrate with our RESTful APIs.
- Design, develop, and implement user interfaces for our web applications
- Create wireframes and provide input into design
- Work with back-end developers to integrate with our RESTful APIs
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Test and optimize user interfaces for speed and responsiveness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring design ideas from concept to implementation
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development and design
- Expertise in React or other modern front-end programming languages
- Proficiency in standard UI/UX design and developer industry standards
- Experience with RESTful APIs and integrating with back-end services
- Ability to provide a portfolio of work demonstrating past projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design or a related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with AWS and containerization, including AWS ECS and Fargate
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a dynamic and innovative work environment. If you are an experienced Front-End Developer and Designer looking for your next challenge, please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration.
We are a remote-first company. Whether you work from Baltimore, Salt Lake City, or Seattle, you’re 100% part of the team. We will provide you with a computer, equipment, and access to software subscriptions. At mpathic, we have full team and department specific in-person retreats to build trust and sometimes hackathons to accomplish a specific goal in a short period. You can bet we'll be flying to hang out at some point during the year. If you want access to a co-working space - no problem; if you want to work at home - also no problem.
Empathy includes understanding the whole person. When deciding what benefits should look like at mpathic, we started by thinking about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of our empathy company and, in the big picture, an empathic society. We have a dedicated Ombudsperson, DEIB Director, and Head of People and Culture dedicated to making your time at empathic safe, values-aligned, and designed to foster growth (We are an empathy company after all!). Read more about our Mission, Vision, and Values here.
You'll have 100% funded employee healthcare benefits, company-wide weeks off, unlimited PTO, training and education funding, parental leave, and more. See our full benefits policy Benefits at mpathic; and our Equal Pay Commitment.
Salary is dependent on experience, commensurate with other engineers at mpathic. Following our Equal Pay Commitment, we have salary banding and established vesting schedules for equity.
* At this time, we require that all applicants are eligible to accept employment in the United States